Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Families: Bottling the Memories of Today for Tomorrow

For some reason, I have always been very interested in family history. When I was a child, I would sit at my aunt's feet and listen to her discuss our rich family history. The stories were always very vivid in my mind, but I longed to see the pictures that went with the stories. In college, I would spend hours online looking up my genealogy, usually with little success. Even now, I harass my parents and grand parents for a glimmer of insight into who they were as children and young adults. This thirst to know more about my own history drives me to encourage families to bottle their memories today. There is no greater find than a image from a generation long gone that tells us a little about the people we have become. I believe we are responsible for disseminating our legacies to generations that will follow us. Family portraits are key in making sure this happens.


Enjoy some of these recent family portraits...
 
The Seay Family



















No comments:

Post a Comment